For those familiar with the Engineering and Metrology divisions of RTEC we have no doubt our current customers and friends in the business will be surprised by this new venture.
Around the end of 2019, we made the decision to create a new department that will look after the increasing interest we had flooding in regarding dynamometer services and their counterpart activities including ECM and TCM calibration, electronic and wiring products, along with the usual bespoke engineering services that we excel with in other parts of industry.
We secured a new location in late 2019 to break ground with this venture and a plan to be operational by May 2020.
Of course, we were not immune to the global pandemic of 2020 and found our plans severely hampered by lock downs and an inability to advance building renovations. Which unfortunately pushed the physical side of things back 6 months resulting in a live date of January 2021.
However, we have not been sitting by idly waiting for things to happen. In 12 months we have made significant new business and supplier connections in order to propel our new services forward. Including but not limited to...
1. Following the interest we have received we are preparing to offer refurbishment packages for Dynamometers, that may be mechanically sound (or need minor corrections) but could benefit from much more advanced and modern control systems.
2. Through years of industry research, it has been upsetting to discover that many actively used dynamometers are potentially in poor condition, have no form of verification and/or calibration procedure or used by poorly trained operators. Working with our partners we are looking to help rectify these concerns and eliminate age old arguments like 'X dyno always reads high'.
3. Design and construction of bespoke Dynamometers with industry leading accuracy and precision. We have several prototype Dynamometers in Research and Development that intend to bring OEM and Lab grade measurement into the hands of the worlds top engine and powertrain specialists. We have consulted with and teamed up with various International suppliers in order to bring this exciting new product to market which will see some reveals over the course of 2021.
Engine and Transmission Control Calibration
4. Along with our Dynamometer equipment we will be expanding our ECM and TCM calibration and mapping services, developing custom and bespoke tuning for every individuals requirements.
5. We have suppliers on board and adding more on a continuing basis for providing aftermarket engine control systems, data logging and associated components to suit all budgets and requirements.
6. We will be offering various levels of installation in the coming months for all systems and products we sell, from basic wire-in jobs to full motorsport harness fabrication.
7. To integrate with our existing capabilities, one off and small batch engineered solutions will also be available including design and manufacturing with a range of processes available including CNC Machining, Laser Cutting and 3D Printing.
8. In future we will be adding reverse engineering services aimed at assisting those who are having difficulty in finding replacement components or need a modern solution to an obsolesce problem.
We welcome you to stay in touch either by checking on the site, or by following our Social Media pages.